Monday 26 April 2010

Boys without blue!

My challenge for the 11th of April has gone up now on the new blog for The Studio. We have moved the challenge blog to blogger so hopefully it will be easier for everyone. The challenge was to make a 'boy' page without using the colour blue! Here's my take on it!

I used the lovely new October Afternoon papers. I misted around the edges of the background with yellow shimmer mist so it catches the light. Then I just added some bits of hand stitching to finish it off!
There's actually 2 challenges for the price of one today on the new blog so go and check it out!

I went to the Stitch and Creative craft show on Friday in the Shepton Mallet show ground. It was great we went after 3pm so got half price tickets, there were not even that many people there so I got a good look at everything and I managed to get myself a bargain too! I found the Amercian Crafts Dear Lizzie range that I have wanted to get for a while, I got 11 sheets of paper and some lovely Thickers for £10.99 I was well pleased with that! I got a few other bits too, some lovely ribbon and bits for my jewellery making so I'm glad I went!

I have more to share so I'll be back again soon! Hope you've had a good weekend. xx

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your shopping luck! Your layout is great - I LOVE October Afternoon and you've made it look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!