Wednesday 23 June 2010

One today

Can you believe it's my little blogs Birthday today?! A whole year old, I can't believe it, it really doesn't seem like I've been blogging a year. To celebrate I made my blog a new header, hope you like it! I do really enjoy having it, it's a great way to share my scrapping and really I should blog a bit more often!!
A candle for my blog on one of my fudge muffins that I made!
While I'm here I thought I would share with you another DT layout for this Wednesday World Cup challenge at The Studio. This week the challenge was 'Use gold on your LO and to include 5 of something to represent the number of penalties each country gets to kick'.
I went with my photo of the famous golden gateway at Hampton court.
I cut out 5 leaf shapes and inked them gold then sprinkled gold embossing powder on them and wiped off bits so that only patches were left. I really like this effect so I did the same with some plain chipboard letters.
I coiled some wire and then flattened it to go with the leaves. Lots of gold ink, stamping swirls and inking edges! I must say this is one of those layouts that really does look better in real life!
I also used my Maya Road ticket stamp, I've had it for a while and haven't used it, don't know why as I do love it.

I've been looking after my little nephew today and he's been brilliant making me laugh at the little things he does he hasn't stopped!
Yay, go England, much better match today and we won! I've also been enjoying watching the tennis too.
I have been busy making things for my stall at our summer fayre in a couple of weeks and I've also done some scrapping. There's more to share so I'll be back soon. Thanks for your comments as always, they mean a lot. xx

2 comments:

  1. I love the gold edges to your layout! And the new header is fantastic. Happy Blog Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bloggy birthday, Anna! x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!