Thursday 2 September 2010

Wedding Favours

I have lots of wedding themed things to show you today. I was asked to decorate a guest book for family friend, their colours were ivory, gold and green. I used some material on the bottom with frayed edges then layered it with gold angel hair paper, lace some green ribbon and some wedding ribbon. It is quite difficult decorating something for someone that you don't know that well, I really hoped they would like it and they were trilled with it so that was good!
This is what I did inside the first page, I keep it quite simple.
This was the card I made for them, I used one of my handmade lace flowers on it

I was also asked to make some cupcakes for the party the day after the wedding. I swirled the tops with butter icing and then made some little sugar paste flowers so put three flowers in a line on the side and then sprinkled them with some gold glitter dust! They went down very well, everyone commented on them and asked who made them!

While we're on the wedding theme I have a couple of wedding layouts that I don't think I have shared with you yet. The first one was a challenge for The Studio that went up the weekend I was away. The challenge was to use to horrible papers you have hiding in your stash! It was quite a challenge as I felt so uninspired by them but once I got into it I enjoyed making something that I like from the nasty papers! 
These are the two paper I didn't like, I found I had quite a few, don't know what I was thinking when I bought them! It is funny though as people like different things so some of you might like them, but I didn't!
I thought this photo of my sister on her wedding day would go with the papers quite well. I punched flowers from the lighter of the papers and inked the edges, then I cut the swirls out of the other paper to go with them. I then took bits of the darker paper and rubbed some ink over it so it wasn't such a nasty colour! I'm quite pleased with the result and it really makes you use your stash!

The next layout I made for inspiration on how to use my Very Vintage kit from my shop. The layout was based on a Pencil Lines sketch, I had been wanting to do a layout like this with the lines, for a while so the sketch helped me out! It's another photo from my sisters wedding, of the bridesmaids, yes one of them was me! My brother managed to capture us laughing at something.
I used buttons, lace, decorative ribbon, lace flowers and the tag from my kit. I also used my Basic Grey papers on this I love the lace paper and the background with all those colours in it, I was saving it for something special so decided this would work well on it.
I have no idea why this photo is in the middle but I can't seem to move it!!
That's it for now, hope you enjoyed my wedding wonders!! I have been enjoying creating this week so there will be more layouts to share soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!