Saturday 23 October 2010

The Big Smoke

I don't know where this week has gone!!  I caught my Dad's cold so yet again I haven't been feeling very well this week, how many colds can you have one after another?!

Anyway need to have a bit of a catch up with whats been happen so here goes! First up was the last Challenge at The Studio last Sunday it was a bit different this week. Amanda said ''My house is slowly but surely being taken over by scrapbooking supplies. I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way. It's not physically possible to use them all at the rate I buy them, so I'm always looking for new ways to use things up. This week, I want to see you all WEARING your stash! OK, I don't expect you to make paper ball gowns (although you can if you wish!), but a little something like a piece of jewelery, hair accessory or brooch shouldn't cause you too much trouble :)

So I made a little brooch with some lace and ribbon from my stash. I made little lace flowers with the pink lace and looped the ribbon.


 It does look quite nice on a purple jumper! Or it even brightens up your winter coat!

My weekend in London was lovely, we did lots of site seeing. On Saturday we went to the Thames Barrier which was great to see, I seem to have lots of photos of it, it is odd looking though!


 Dramatic skies!

Then we went on across on the ferry to the other side of it, this is the view from the back, you can just see The Dome or The O2 as it's called now, in the background. The weather improved too!

We then went to Greenwich, we saw the Naval college and went into the mess hall which was amazing.

The whole of the hall, ceiling and walls had painted scene on them. I could lots more photos that I will scrap at some point!
We saw the Greenwich Mean Time, where the time comes from! There were many jokes about 'in the mean time' going around!
On the Sunday we went to Hampstead which was lovely to look at and then we had walk in Golder's Green park. We found that there was like a small zoo there, lots of different animals, these were my favourite though, deer, look at that face!

That was a lot of photos so I think I'll leave it there. I'll be back soon with tomorrows challenge at The Studio (it was a tough one!) and my first Precocious Paper DT project.

It's not a nice day here today so I'm not doing much, I'm off to do something crafty now!
Thanks for looking xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!