Tuesday 26 October 2010

Starry Eyed

 Friday was the day my first Precocious Paper project went up on the blog. I had lots of lovely goodies from Tessa to play with and couldn't decided what to use first! In the end I went with the gorgeous bright stars, I love stars! I thought they would go really well with the photos of the Mickey cake I made and they did! So here's what I made.
 I used some die cut star paper as a mask and misted over it with silver shimmer mist. I haven't used my silver mist that much before as it doesn't show up that much on quite a lot of stuff but it worked really well on the black, I love how it turned out.
 I must say this layout has to be one of my favourites!
If you would like to see Tessa's lovely stars you can here, they come in other colours too!

Sunday was challenge day again at The Studio, this week the challenge was a real tough one! Amanda was scared she would scaring us all away!! It was Are you ready? Your journaling must take up at least 50% of your scrapbook page."
This was difficult for me, as you probably know by now I like quite a lot of white space on my layouts. I had this photo with a funny story behind it so it had to be told. I tried writing the story out in a big block first but with that and the photo on one layout I didn't know what to do with it as it could up so much space! I decided to write it in smaller blocks so it would give me more to play with.



I made it more pretty by putting borders under the blocks of writing and adding trim and other embellishments.
Here's a card I made for a friends Birthday this week, I felt like making it quite pretty!
That's all the crafty things I have to show you at the moment. I have made 50 Christmas cards for my sister too but I haven't got around to photographing them yet, luckily they were nice and simple!

Back soon! xx

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I can't wait to see the Christmas cards! I'm getting in the mood for Christmas :). LOVE the layouts and what a sweet card! It is very pretty :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna! thanks for your comment on my blog! I must say i adore your Mickey mouse layout:so funky!! and your journaling one is very clever too! great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!