Monday 31 January 2011

100th Post

I can't believe it's my 100th post already, it's quite a milestone! For this special post I have lots of bits and pieces to show you. First up my layout for Sunday Challenge at The Studio, this week Amanda created a lovely sketch to use you can see it here.
And here's the layout I made from it of, our family picnic in October.
The challenge did have a little twist to make a handmade embellishment, which wasn't exactly hard for me!
I made a rolled flower with brown crepe paper. The flower and leaves are also included in my Autumn Leaves kit from The Make and Create shop.
I also said I would show you how I made my front and back covers of my Christmas journal so here goes. First of all I cut out a piece of card the size of my journal from an old pizza box and painted it white. Then I punched some stars out of some scrap white card and placed them on the cover randomly and paint around the edge of them in red paint.

I then moved the stars and put them in beween the painted stars and misted over it.
Then removed the stars so it looked like this...
I thought the whit looked a bit bright so I gave it another light coating of mist over the top so it looks like this all finished! Quite pleased with how it turned out!

The other thing I need to show you is a layout I made with the 'Snow Bright' kit from my shop. This layout didn't go to plan as I used the star sequin waste as a mask and it all turned out a bit pink!! I should of masked off the rest of the paper, I was tempted to throw it away but I'm not one to give up on anything! I challenged myself to rescue it so I masked out the bit where the sequin waste was and misted over the pink to tone it down a bit!
I them embellished it up, I think I managed to rescue it in the end!

Yesterday was my Dad's Birthday so we had a big family lunch and I made him a cake of course! Rowan just had to get in on the blowing out candles action!!
This is the card I made him from my bag of scraps.

That's all for now I have more to show though as I finally cut into my lovely Echo Park, Little Boy papers,  I love them and already have more layouts planned, perfect for little nephew layouts so will be back with the one I've done soon!

Thanks for looking xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!