Sunday 17 April 2011

Bubbles

Today's challenge at the Studio was all about 'Play' whether it's a 'playing' photo or playing with new techniques on your layout. I decided to play with a new technique to match my photo. Here's what I came up with:
I wanted to make bubbles on the page so I tripped a little bit of blue shimmer mist into a shallow dish and added a little water and a bit of washing up liquid and mixed it up. I when got a straw and blow bubbles into it, just like my nephew was doing in the photo! I when laid the cardstock over the bubbles and let them pop into the page!
 I was really pleased with how it turned out. I then added some paint rings on the cardstock too.
 Yesterday was my Brother-in-laws brother so I made this quick and easy card for him.

 I added a new kit to my shop today, a DIY Spring Mini book kit, it contains everything you need to create a lovely spring mini book. Here's what you get:
I've done a bit of scrapping today I started my Tuscany holiday album, yay! It's not quite a year after the holiday!! I'm really enjoying it as I'm scrapping in a different size but more about that when I've photographed the layouts!

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend
Thanks for looking xx

2 comments:

  1. Your layout is perfection. The idea that you created the "bubble" pattern on the paper to really accentuate the photo is very clever. Fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea...your bubble paper turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!