Tuesday 12 April 2011

Candle Light and Crochet

Few bits to share today, first up is a layout I made from Shimelle's Sketch this week. I've been wanting to join in for a while now so when I had a bit of share time I got to it! I used my new pearl shimmer mist on the background and used white paint for half of the rectangle, I've found using a kitchen sponge (like the ones you clean pans with!) works really well with paint and gives a nice soft effect.
 I used my favourite colour combo of pink and turquoise again but added in grey and a bit of black to it. The photo is of my Birthday cake my sister made me for my Birthday, it was huge! These little cupcake sweet spot embellishments from Precocious Paper when really well with it.
 Thought I would update you on my crochet project, this is how my baby ripple blanket is looking at the moment, these are all the colours now so I will start to repeat the blue next. There have been some mistakes but I have pulled them out and re-did it until it was right! I'm really pleased with how it's looking, not bad for my first project is it?!
I also heard that the baby's mum has seen a ripple blanket just like this and wants one! And I happen to be already making her one, how good is that?!

 The Stitch and Creative Craft show I when to last week was disappointing this year not that much Scrapbooking there which was a shame so I only got a new paper trimmer and some bits and didn't spend much Birthday money!
I did pop into TKmax the other day though on the off chance that they would have some good scrapping goodies and got a bargain!! You have to keep an eye out in there sometimes there are great things others theres not and you have to be prepared to hunt for them!! This time I got this pad of We r memory keepers, I love all the papers and it will be brilliant for my Tuscany Album so I can't wait to get started now on it so watch this space!!
 There's lots of different papers including some lovely glittery cloud paper! And how gorgeous are these letters?! I LOVE them!
Anyway better go, see you again soon!
Thank you  for your comments they are always much appreciated! xx

2 comments:

  1. Liking the page. I like using pink and turquoise as well - very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. I also bought 72 & Sunny from TK Maxx. I couldn't resist once I'd seen the cloud paper either :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!