Monday 6 June 2011

I Went All Sketchy

I'm back from my week away, did you miss me?! I had a lovely week in Devon, but the weather could of been better the first half of the week, it was cold, windy and moor drizzle!! Then the second part of the week I got a nasty cold so haven't been feeling very good and still have it now, I'm a bit fed up with being ill on holiday now what with an even worst cold last holiday! Nevermind it was nice to get away and I could lots of photos for new scrapping material! I also got some crafty goodies too which I wasn't really expecting, all for good prices too! That rose border punch was only £4! Bargain bag of buttons, a coupl of ribbons, kraft cards and the other buttons were a bit of a treat to myself! They have lovely printed designs on.
The Sunday (29th May) I was away was time for a sketch challenge at The Studio. A few weeks ago I had a little play at making sketches only using Word, they only could a few minutes and I was quite pleased with them so I emailed Amanda at The Studio with a couple and luckily she liked them too so we used one for this challenge!
Here's the sketch:
I love stars they are my favourite shape so thought I would add a nice big one on this sketch! I stayed quite close to the sketch in the end I printed out a big star and cut it out and used it as a mask to mist over then hand stitched around it to make it stand out. The only real difference was that I just added a little version of the sketch in the top corner.
Another layout for my nephew's album, this photo was taken on his 1st Birthday in his paddling pool, he didn't like getting his face wet!
It's really exciting seeing what everyone creates with a sketch I created and my first one too!
If you are inspired by my sketch and want to create something from it please let me know and link it up to The Studio, you could win this months prize!
I'll leave it there for now but I have more to share so will be back soon!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your lovely comments they are much appreciated! xx

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!