Sunday 31 July 2011

A Kingdom of Flags

I've just got back from a few days away in Devon, the weather was gorgeous so warm and sunny so I'm nice and chilled out now after my busy month of July!
My last challenge for Punky Scraps was to create a layout using a list of items. The list included photos of items not people, red, 3 circles, stitching, turquoise and staples so I created another page for my Tuscan Tales album!
We saw these flags in Siena, they are used for the Palio Horse race there every year. I used more bits from my Jet Set embellishment kit painted red around the edges and made my own little flags!
The last of the Sizzling Summer Sketches went up on Scrapbook Challenges I made an layout from the last sketch SS16 which was lovely and was made by Natalie. It was very arty so I had great fun creating this layout! I misted the background with silver mist, used green paint for some bubble wrap stamping, added drops of red paint and stamped some swirls straight on to the layout to go under the title and my journaling was written straight on to it too so I'm glad it all went ok and didn't wrong! I just added a little bit of red patterned paper and red alphas! Oo I've just noticed these two layouts both have the same red letters on them, they were made at different times though, promise! Just in case it looks like I only own 1 pack of Thickers, this is really not the case I have loads!!!
A bit of a close up of the background techniques! One of my fellow design team members loved this layout so much it is now featured on the forum which is really lovely!
The photos are of one of the painted Gorillas we have dotted around Bristol at the moment, this gorilla is in the community garden by my Sister and Brother-in-Laws new flat in Bristol. I took these photos of the gorilla called Kingdom, (it was painted by the one and only Timmy Mallet!!) a couple of weeks ago when they moved in, then a week later it was sadly set alight over night and got burnt so had to be removed, why do some people have it spoil the fun?! Luckily Timmy has now painted a new one with the same design so it has been replaced.
Anyway I have waffled on enough! Better go, still more to share so as usual, back soon!
Thanks for popping in! xx

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!