Sunday 16 October 2011

Altered Background

Today at The Studio I set a challenge to create an altered background to use for your layout. You could use anything paints, inks, mists,stamps,stencils, you get the idea! I was inspired by the canvases that are around the place at the moment. A couple of months ago I made my first canvas and I loved it! It's not quite finished but when it is I will show you!
So I took what I learnt from my canvas and used it on card stock for my layout. I love playing around with paints and stamps! I painted the background first and then misted a bit of yellow, painted yellow colours on it and then went crazy, sponged, stamped,doodled etc!!
 I could really get into canvases and I might have to do this on a background again too!
The photo is of my family on a imaginary bus! My nephew likes to pretend he's on a bus so we got the garden chairs and lined then up, he was the driver of course! He drove us everywhere, to the shops, visiting friend and to the beach you had to ring the bell to get him to stop!! I just got off at the beach to take the photo! The things we do!!!

I've caught up on all my orders from my shop now, this was the first layout I've made in a couple of weeks and I really missed it! I got that creative itch!! I've being feeling a bit rough lately though so haven't done much this past couple of days except some crochet I must get on with my nephew's blanket if I want it finished for Christmas!
I did make a little baby mini book for a present recently so I will be back with that soon.
Thanks for stopping by! xx

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful! Love the awesome happy background you created! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!